- Pillar To Post Inspector Certification August 1995
- Registered Home Inspector (RHI)
- Full Member of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI)
- Full Member of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI)
- Full Member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) since 1996
- Wood Energy Technology Training Basic, WETT Certified since 1999
- Commercial Inspection Course taught by Carson Dunlop Weldon 1999
- Construction Estimator 1 Certificate Durham College 1999
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs Examination for Sewage System Inspectors 1999
- Mold and Healthy Home Training Course September 2001
- Canada Mortgage and Housing “Lets Clear the Air” seminar 2003
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Residential Indoor Air Quality Investigator Program 2007
- Building Code Qualified Certified by the Ontario Building Officials Association 2006
- Part 9 The House – Health and Safety 1997
- Part 9 The House – Building Envelop 1998
- Administration of the Building Code Act 1998
- Exits and Egress 1999
- Part 10/11 Building Renovation and Change of Use 2000
- Part 3 Large Buildings – Classification and Construction 2001
- Part 9 Building – Structural Requirements 2001
- General Legal/Process 2003
- Part 3 Large Buildings Health and Safety 2002
- Part 9 Building – HVAC and Fire Protection
- Defect Recognition Course January 1997
- Bacharach Carbon Monoxide and Combustion Safety Seminar September 1998
- Workshops on:
- Log Homes 2004
- Marijuana Grow Houses 2002
- Hardwood Floor Installation Durham College 1997
- Land Use and Planning and Protection Act 5.0 1996 on Basement Apartments
- Electric and Magnetic Fields course from Environmental Assessment Association 1999
- Attended many Pillar To Post and OAHI training and upgrade seminars including Effective Reporting in Feb 2004.
- National Certificate Holder NCA 00349
“David what a pleasure meeting you, your sense of humour took the edge off of the inspection. Thank you for being so thorough, your report is wonderful. From start to finish it was a true pleasure to work with you both, what a great team you make!”
“I just wanted to say thank you for the fantastic home inspection you performed for me. You were friendly, thorough and you answered all my questions. I know my father was impressed with every thing you did, which is a high compliment indeed. If my father thinks you know what you’re doing, then he’s very happy. I have friends buying houses within the next year or two and will definitely recommend you to all of them. Thanks again.”
“We can’t thank you enough for a job well done. The home inspection was the best money that I have ever spent in my life up to now. Thank you so much.”
I’m copying in Johanna’s office so that she has my feedback. I found your report very thorough, comprehensive and would not hesitate to recommend you to any of my friends or associates. Thank you for the excellent job and your many suggestions (most, if not all, I will implement). From my perspective, your fee was money well spent!
Thanks again and have a great day”
We are impressed with your report and with the way you handled the inspection!
— Sanja and Zeljko L.
“Dear David, Pam and Shannon,
Just wanted to thank you for the service you provide. A 10+++.
“Thanks David, excellent inspection and well beyond what I was expecting, I’ll be sure to recommend you guys…
Now hopefully the financing gets done in time.
This past Saturday I had a home inspection done on my house by Brian Sheehey in Ajax. I just wanted to compliment him on his wonderful services. Not only did he make us feel welcome, but he answered all of the questions that we had and explained items in terms we would understand. At no point did we feel rushed, and his professional and friendly conduct made a stressful experience actually enjoyable. We learnt things about our house that will be very helpful in years to come. Thanks Brian and Pillar to Post!
— Amanda K.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I especially value the fact that you didn’t mind my calling you up again after you had inspected our home 10 years ago. You had made such a credible impression on both my husband and me that we often refer back to your manual and comments when we need to deal with regular house maintenance issues. The sea of contractors we are faced with is overwhelming and we have always appreciated your suggestions.
Thanks once again,”
— Diane W.
“Good Day David,
It was great to have met you yesterday, and thank-you for the fabulous job you did on the home inspection. I sure will keep you in mind and refer you to anyone that is looking for a home inspector!!!”
— Cristina & Alessandro L.
Sorry to take so long in sending this e-mail. I wanted to send it for two main reasons, one to thank you for the most detailed and thorough inspection we have ever had and your many helpful suggestions, and secondly to let you know that you were absolutely bang-on when you felt that they had not had their final inspection. The inspector had apparently quit and the final inspection was not booked. There were a few areas of deficiency noted as well as the ones you highlighted and all have now been addressed. We have a copy of the final inspection report and all is well. I purchased a roof rake and it has already been useful.
Many thanks again for your help. I have already suggested to three people that they use your company and you in particular as an inspector. Merry Christmas to you and your family.”
— John & Anne C.