We provide professional home inspections in Durham Region including; Brooklin, Whitby, Oshawa, Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Newtonville, Clarington, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Cobourg, Trenton, and Belleville. We have been helping home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals since 1995. Our job is to communicate with customers honestly and openly about the home condition, in a manner that is efficient and effective. Our customers place their trust in our services, and rely on our home inspectors to educate them. We hold this trust very dear, and place a high value on it.
Highly Regarded In the Industry
Having conducted more than 15,000 home inspections we are considered to be one of the best in the industry in Durham Region – Brooklin, Whitby, Oshawa, Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Newtonville, Clarington, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Cobourg, Trenton, and Belleville. We have experience inspecting homes both large and small, from condos to mansions and everything in between. We are qualified and experienced to inspect both new construction in every phase and existing homes.
Other Services We Provide
In addition to providing professional and top quality home inspections we also offer other inspection related services. These include:
- Residential Inspections
- Ready For Sale Inspections
- Warranty Inspections covering 30 day, 1 year and 2 year inspections
- Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI)
- Maintenance Inspections for seniors and home owners
- Light Commercial Inspections
- Indoor Air Quality Audits
- Wood Energy Technical Training (WETT) Inspections for fireplaces, wood stoves and wood inserts
- Thermal Imaging
- Canary Air Monitor and Indoor Air Quality
- Mold Sampling
- Vermiculite Testing
- Radon Testing
Our home inspection will normally take between three to four hours, and on completion customers receive a detailed report of the findings covering more than 1,600 items. This report includes color photos as well, showing any areas of concern. We encourage customers to attend the inspection and to ask questions, so they are educated about the home.
Community Involvement And Industry Achievements
As your Pillar To Post home inspector in the communities of Durham Region – Brooklin, Whitby, Oshawa, Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Newtonville, Clarington, Ajax, Pickering, Port Perry, Cobourg, Trenton, and Belleville, David Wall is very involved in the industry and the community.
- David Wall received a Bachelor of Science degree from Trent University
- He is a certified Pillar To Post home inspector
- David Wall is a Registered Home Inspector with the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- He is a member of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI)
- He is a National Certificate Holder
- David Wall is a member of Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI)
- He is also a member of Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) and Building Code Qualified (BCQ)
- David is a Certified Wood Energy Technical Training (WETT) Inspector for wood stoves and fireplaces
- He has passed the Septic Inspection exams
- David and Brian have Passed the Course for the New Construction Inspector
- David is an Indoor Air Quality Auditor using the CMHC protocol and having passed the course.
Customer Comments Regarding Our Services
“David is extremely thorough and very educated. His communication and customer service skills are the best I have seen. His presentation is also exceptional. I trust him and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he will provide the best service to my clients and he educates them on how to maintain their new home. All of the clients I have referred to David have been very pleased with his thorough home inspection. I have always received positive feedback from every client. Thank you David for taking such care in everything that you do for my clients. When I receive positive feedback, it just confirms my referrals to you even more. Thank you. Thank you for all you do.
— Heike Lyons, Sutton Group-Classic Realty Inc.
“I was immensely impressed with the manner in which Mr. Wall presented and communicated with myself and my client. His knowledge and experience was obvious however he was not arrogant.....he handled the clients questions and concerns extremely well. I will absolutely look to engage Mr. Wall's services again and would definitely refer him to my clients.”
— #250224/Buyer Agent – Inspection performed by David Wall, B.Sc
“Straightforward factual information. Very educational for buyer.”
— #258329/Customer – Inspection performed by David Wall, B.Sc
“I like the friendly way we were treated. Their thoroughness is top of the ladder. I appreciate the simple terms used to help us to understand the tasks required. All in all a top notch service.”
— #255720/Customer – Inspection performed by Brian Sheehey RHI
“The thoroughness of the inspection was unbelievable. This was my first home inspection experience and I will admit that I was a little skeptical after some of the stories I had heard in the past. I was amazed at how extensive the inspection was. In addition I was blown away by how knowledgeable, yet easy to talk to the inspector was. He answered all of my questions during the inspection and encouraged me to ask more. I felt completely comfortable with the whole process. It was the best money I could have spent.”
— #256675/Customer – Inspection performed by Brian Sheehey RHI
“I liked how informative, professional, and patient our inspector was with us. He took the time to go over everything with us and explained it all very well so we understood everything he found properly. We feel we definitely got our money's worth. Thank goodness for house inspections or else we would have been stuck in a very bad situation with a house we almost bought! Thank you Pillar to Post!”